I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, December 20, 2007

So much to do!


The morning started out early for me as usual, 5:30 a.m. I took a quick walk down to the gate of our property after my children boarded the school bus. The coyotes were yelling to one another. Sophie, my best walking partner, perked her ears up, sniffing the air as she listened. I would have walked a little farther, if it weren't for the cold wind pushing me back home to the warmth of our fire. Sophie, could walk all day in this weather. Our tree is up, the presents are bought and I have the Christmas day menu all planned out. Tomorrow, my children will be home for the holidays until Jan 7 and my husband is also off from work until Christmas is over! This for me is a treat to have everyone home. I know all too soon my nest will be empty as our children are graduating and moving on with their lives. Every day they are home is a blessing for me. So I may not post here until the holidays are over, as with only one computer, every one else may have it tied up. I have been busily crocheting dish cloths to someday sell and I am still working on an embroidered table cloth. I just received some beautiful vintage handkerchiefs from a friend who knows how much I love to collect these small treasures. I need to get these and other textiles organized and put away in my storage closet. I have a box of photos that I still have not scrap booked yet. There is just so much to do and even though I stay home, I don't have enough time to get it all done. Cooking, cleaning, and running back and forth for my family takes a great deal of my day away. If I am to get anything done, I think I am going to have to have a day for each separate thing and at least some of the things I need to do will be done.So for now to all who are reading this, have yourselves a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: