I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, December 13, 2007

This morning started out extremely cold with heavy frost on the ground. I went out to let the ducks and chickens out of their house.... how excited they always are to get their little feet wet and dirty. The sunrise was beautiful this morning. No matter how many times I see the sun rise or set, every day is always different. Maybe a little darker or lighter, or maybe a different color altogether. As I walk past the hen house and gaze over the bare fields, I am so thankful to be able to see this scene each day of my life. Well, my plate is full and I need to get my hands busy. I have a large tablecloth that a customer wants embroidery on, and I have other items to embroider and crochet if I am ever going to have anything to offer on Etsy someday. Thanks to everyone who has emailed me about the embroidery. It is so wonderful to know we all share a common thread. I will have more pictures as I progress.

2 comments:

Claire said...

just found your blog - the embroidery is your picture is beautiful. I also love embroidery and I have just started selling on Etsy.

Best wishes

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Thanks Claire, so good to hear from you. Good luck on your sales on Etsy.