I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, April 17, 2008

crocheted curtain or crocheted tablecloth?







In between embroidery, I pick up my crochet hook now and then to play with different projects I hope to one day finish. Do any of you have several projects that you have not quite finished? Our home is a little over 100 years old, and it has very large over-sized windows through out with large wood framing. They measure 82 in. in length and 56 in. in width including the frame work. When I first saw them, while we were in the process of purchasing our home, my first thought was.... these need lace curtains, especially the dining room. While going through some older crochet material I have, I found the pattern for this beautiful square pineapple doily. I left off the scalloped edge so that I can join the squares together. Not sure how many it is going to take, and I have no idea when I will get them all finished. But I think they would be beautiful for a curtain. However, one friend who has seen them commented on how pretty they would be made into a tablecloth for our table. What do you think? Have any of you crocheted curtains or tablecloths ? If so, what did you fix to be able to hang the curtain. All suggestions, I am writing down and placing them with the pattern. So thank you if you can help!{:

2 comments:

LindaSue said...

You have such talent! I'm not a needlework person but absolutely admire the artistry. Thanks for dropping by my blog - we are having windy and cool weather, rain expected this afternoon. I well recall the dust in W. Tex. - seems like the countryside is migrating during springtime.

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

My Goodness Kathleen, you have been busy! Love all your beautiful stitching! Waiting for your store to open ;) Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Maryjane