I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, January 1, 2010

Stitching Forward!

This rooster..............it has been in my sewing basket, unfinished for years! As well as a circle of a Wedding Ring quilt, once started years ago. The biggest reason? ...........embroidering for others and getting orders accepted and finished. Now, my fingers are busily working away at Farmer's Market items.............however..........
I have decided to take one day out of the week to work on this rooster until I have him finished.............the same for the quilt. I think I will start to work on him today.......
As for this blog this year..........I will also try to find new and interesting stitches or projects, to tell you about and try to show you how to do them.....or to lead you to the instructions........
How about you??? What project do you have waiting for your eye to catch and to start back to work on?? I would love to hear!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

Hi Kathleen,
The rooster looks so regal and grand! Ya know, I love my chickens just like you do!

I am thinking about tackling some projects this year that I've never attempted before. Like applique, wool penny rugs, and maybe making some hand bags.

I'm definitely wanting to create more this year. Even start early on next years Christmas gifts. I love giving homemade items and to do that I need to start NOW!

Hope you have a wonderful New Year.

Gina E. said...

Hi Kathleen,
Oh he is so beautiful! Even though I made Ken get rid of our rooster (he was too noisy, and annoyed the neighbours), we still have 12 chickens, and I do miss the rooster, as he was so attractive. I have many patterns featuring roosters (cross stitch, embroidery and patchwork), but I've made a New Year Resolution, to only work on UFOs this year. Keep an eye on my blog to see how I go! I hope you will find time to do one or two of the vintage linens I sent you - I am simply itching to see what magic you create with them.

Katie said...

Oh, I am so happy to hear you are going to try to show us how you do some of your beautiful work. I so want to learn!