I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

towels and cloths

Spent much of this week, finishing up towels. I am really trying to decide exactly what I want to sell at the market. I know that aprons are "the thing" right now, but I really don't like the cutting fabric and sewing machine work that much.
I am definitely embroidering linens, such as towels and pillowcases.
And I just love making these little checkered wash cloths! I love the "country charm" they have.
How about you? Are any of you making something to sell at farmers markets, or craft shows? I would love to hear!


12 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

What market? I'll buy everything you are selling. haha

Pat

Linda said...

All your stitching is wonderful, that is the sweetest little bluebird and I think your checkerd wash cloths are just great. Your hand work will be so very popular, not too many people do handwork...but they just love handmade and stitched pieces....I wish I was near your market place to do some serious shopping hugs, Linda

Simply Me said...

I have been reading this blog for a little while now and am insprired to make some of these to sell at our market. We already set up and sell sweet corn and other veggies. So this will be something I can do and make my own little egg money as I like to call it. Love looking at your work.

Anonymous said...

I have so enjoyed your blog. I love to stitch.I posted a couple tea towels on my blog.I hope you don't mind I put a link on my side bar to your blog.
Blessings,
Elizabeth

rustycupboard said...

I left a comment on my blog telling people how wonderful your work is and how much I have learned from you. I really enjoy your work and all the helps you give on your site. happy stitching

Susan said...

sweet bluebird embroidery !

papel1 said...

I do make a few things to sell online, either ornaments, or greeting cards. I have even done a little hand embroidery on them. Just made a tag and will share in a few days.

Paula said...

I love the little bluebird, Kathleen! And your dishcloths are wonderful.... they remind me of something my Grandmother would have used.

Anonymous said...

i always love to stop by here and see what you are up to.

Michle said...

Would you share the patten for the cute wish cloths?

Michle

drafter29 said...

Love the bluebird.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love your pretty embroidered bluebird!