I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Vintage aprons at the market

I bought this vintage apron pattern years ago.........
I loved it because it has large front pockets, perfect for gathering eggs and tomatoes......
and it just looks so comfortable to wear!

Finally, I decided to make one............of course I wanted to put my own signature on it by working some embroidery. I really like the way these roses look on the plaid!



I love the deep separated pockets!


I have always loved mixing prints with plaids!




........... and here it is! I am thinking about making these up in different colors and different embroidery designs to sell at the farmer's market in July. I have to make the pattern into different sizes, since there is only one size. Not really sure if anyone will want an apron like this. What do you think?
Do you like aprons that just tie around the waist? Maybe a bib apron? I would love to hear!






6 comments:

Joanne said...

That's very pretty. I like your fabric choices.
To answer your question, I prefer a tie-around apron to wear myself.

Simply Me said...

I think that this apron is very nice. I am a fan of aprons, but those that tie arounf your nrck make my neck hurt because I am always putting my hands in my pockets and stuffing too much in them, so I end up with a neck ache. An those that tie around the waist are ok. I just fell funny in them because I am short. So I think that this is an apron I would like to try out. I need one as I aways manage to get my clothes dirty and I like the idea of gathering eggs in this one. I think that they would sell. You should make one and have a contest. the winner should try it out and comment on how useful it is, how it fits and so on! It would be fun to be a product tester!

Grammyof13 said...

Kathleen - I love this type apron, and would buy one in a minute should I come by the farmers market in July. Yes, I do believe there is a market for vintage aprons. Keep up the good work. You are the greatest!
Doris

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

I like it, I think it is much more utilitarian that the frilly useless ones I cant bring myself to wear. I can see myself wearing this one, in the house, garden and even out to the barn!

Conni said...

I'm sure there is a market for vintage-style aprons. And this one is particularly delightful!

Gina E. said...

I have no doubt you will sell all the aprons you make for the market, Kathleen! They will all be original, and if you vary the style between half aprons and bib aprons, you will have something to please everybody!