I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, January 11, 2010

Work In Progress

Going through my stash of embroidery transfers and designs, I always wonder who the artist is behind such beautiful drawings...........don't you?
I have loved this particular design for many, many, years, but have never taken the time to embroider it. It has every thing I love in it, reminiscent charm of yesterday,detail, and...........flowers.............lots and lots of blossoms!
So I decided to embroider this piece. I have not quite gotten it finished, but hopefully in a couple of days it will be .........
in full bloom.
How about you? Have you ever wondered who Aunt Martha has in her studio, drawing away for her wonderful patterns?...........could it be Aunt Martha herself???????



7 comments:

Simply Me said...

I have always been fond of aut Marth as well. My Grandmother used to make me little pillow cases with things embroidered on them and I loved them so much. I had bought several different patterns with the hopes that one day I would have time to sit down and do just that. I found then this weekend as I was cleaning out the attic and my 15 year old was asking what they were. I told her about embroidery and she was interested. We may just sit down and do one together. She also mhad mentioned what was she going to do with the dishes that my mother had given her. I was secrestly thinking, "It's time for a hope chest!" So 16th birthday here we come. Anyway, she is just beautiful! I can't wait to see this bell all finished and in her glory.

Peonies & Magnolias said...

She is such a beautiful pattern. I can't wait to see her finished. Have a great week.

Sandy

staci said...

LOVE that gorgeous flower you've brought to life. I could just sit and look at your lovely stitches for hours!

A Colorful World said...

This is a lovely pattern! Yes, I have wondered who these talented artists were...I am so glad they created such lovely patterns for us to use.

KathyB. said...

So many of the patterns you post are very nice, but your hand work makes them beautiful!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh my, that is one beautiful design. And to think that your art is going to make her even more lovely. Can't wait to see it!

Smiles, Lea

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Yes I have wondered about Aunt Martha. HMMMM what do you know?

Pat