I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, March 25, 2011

Morning glories seem to grow

 on just about every place there is here on the farm. If there is a place for the vine to crawl up.........it will. From the old weathered fence in the front walk, to way out back to the corrals. The seeds that I miss while gathering in the fall, scatter in the wind, and then sprout where they land in the spring.
I finally finished the other set of place mats that I started on weeks ago!
A set of 6. And off to my Etsy shop they will go!

I tried to capture the colors of the Heavenly Blue Morning Glory in this pattern.

In all fairness..........I must confess............I am so glad to be finished with this set, even with all of the love I hold for morning glories and embroidery. There is a new project waiting in my basket that I am anxious to get started on.
How about you? Are you in the middle of creating something and can't wait to get it done so that you can start something new?
How long do you enjoy working on one piece, before you grow tired of it........or do you actually grow tired of it?
I would love to hear!



6 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love your morning glories! :-) I like have multiple projects going on at the same time, so I don't get bored. But the problem with that is that sometimes it takes me **years** to complete things.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

The photo of the flowers and your work is amazing. I would love to have those vines growing up my fence but the yard guy keeps forgetting and using the weed-whacker on them. Geeeeh...

Cindy said...

I love your morning glories, embroidered and on the vine! My husband calls them weeds, and they are kind of weedy...but they are so darn pretty. I am too OCD to have many projects going. I have to finish one thing before starting something else. The only problem I have is not enough time to make all the things I want to!

Tink's Tinkerings said...

i love the morning glories one of my fav's. So glad to have found your blog, Tink

Linda said...

I love Morning Glories and I love your placemats too....hugs, Linda

Paula said...

So beautiful, Kathleen...