I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, March 11, 2011

There are times when I embroider for business.....................

and then there are times when I embroider for my home,
or for my family................this is a set of pillowcases, worked in white stitch......
my plan...........to embroider each of my children a set of these.........monogrammed.......... and given if they get married, or when they settle in their own lives.........which might be awhile, since they are all just leaving the nest and starting out on their own.

One of my dearest passions in hand embroidery is cut work. I am working this piece and, although cut work is traditionally done in white,
I am embroidering it in the colors I love the most.


Of course, I have to have one of my own roosters in my kitchen........


this is one of my embroidery designs that I created. The farm rooster. {:


I am still embroidering on the vintage tablecloth that I posted on a while back.
The wild rose worked in shades of pink..........


the forget me nots in blue and the wisteria in shades of lavender,
(I removed the previous thick embroidery that the previous owner had started, )

and  I am embroidering it in my style of embroidery................. Soft cream daisies, with soft yellow centers.......... I can't wait to see this on my dining room table!
How about you? Is there something that you are creating for your home..........or for a loved one perhaps?
I would love to hear!

7 comments:

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

I know they are aware of all the handwork that goes into your work and take good care of it. What an awesome gift that would be for their wedding. A true heirloon to be handed down.

Awesome work you do.

staci said...

Your work is just stunning! Everything is so intricate and perfectly executed...you really create true heirlooms :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your handwork is absolutely amazing! No wonder if takes you time to get a project done. Handstitching certainly does require patience but the result is stunning! I can't imagine doing white on white. Cutwork -- I wonder if that is what I have? I bought some pieces from a friend that were done in India; but she called it shadow work. ??? anything handstitched is beautiful in my book. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Cindy said...

I just discovered your blog and I love it! I have always loved to do embroidery, and it is a delight to look at what you have done. I'll be going back through your old posts!

papel1 said...

Such beautiful wor Kathleen. Your photos are great too. Hopefully you will be able to leave comments soon on my blog. Others have so who knows whats up.
Judy

Joanne said...

Kathleen, I saw this quilt and immediately thought of you
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-111281-1.htm

Gina E. said...

All your embroidery is exquisite, but I just adore that Rooster!