I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Live creatively, friends...........

............Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that.
 Don't be impressed with yourself.
 Don't compare yourself with others.
 Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can
 with your own life.
Galatians 6:1, 4--5
From "The Message" (MSG Bible) 

8 comments:

Miss Holly said...

So lovely!!!

lil red hen said...

The piece of work is just outstanding!! I love the way you do the flowers.

I'm too critical of myself and always wonder what others will think of my work, so I need to take the scriptures and live by them.

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Kathleen,

Your embroidery as always is fabulous. I knew that scripture has to come from The Message because I have it. I love the way that it reads in modern day language. I really must write that scripture down and keep it nearby. It says it all.

Pink Sparkles for your week,
Stephanie Suzanne ♥

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I've read many bloggers of late who compare their lives, their work, their homes to those of others and feel they don't quite measure up. I have never understood that way of thinking. I am here to be me, nothing more, nothing less. This is a great reminder of that. Such lovely handiwork. Happy hands, happy heart! Blessings, Tammy

Anonymous said...

Your work is perfection, Kathleen. I love the colors you have chosen for this project. Wishing you a very good day!

Patti said...

You have such a beautiful blog! It is very calming to look at. I love all of the vintage style!

Patti

Tink's Tinkerings said...

reminds me so much of my grandmas house. I must get back to doing some embrodery. Your work is so beautiful, reminds me of fairy tales too. Have a great week. Tink

Cindy said...

I can't believe I missed your post. I look forward to your beautiful embroidery. Very inspiring!