I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday..........

Salt and pepper shakers..........another great thing to collect! For this Saturday design, the shakers are embroidered in the jade green, the roses are worked with the closed buttonhole stitch, and the tops are embroidered in gold thread.

These set of salt and pepper shakers were made by a local woman who owned a ceramic shop. She used to sell her wares at the arts and crafts show each year and my dear friend bought them as a gift for me. I love them!

I have a set of Noritake china, with roses much like the ones on this salt and pepper shaker set........, they go along perfectly.
How about you?
Do you collect salt and pepper shakers? I would love to hear!
I hope you stop back by tomorrow to see Sunday's design!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Kathleen! Cute stitching and salt and pepper shakers. I don't collect them, but I think I could:) There are so many great ones out there, I think I could go nuts!

lil red hen said...

I have a few sets; I didn't set out to collect them, they just feel into my hands from a great-aunt's collection. This is a very pretty set to go with lovely work.