I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, July 31, 2015

My miniature crazy quilt has been published

in the Fall issue of Crazy Quilt Quarterly on page 8!
This lovely magazine is filled with other beautiful quilts from others as well. It will be available for order Aug. 1, 2015 and you can find it at this link

I made this little quilt November 2011 
you can read the post here
http://yesteryearembroideries.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-life-little-less-crazyis-finished.html

I started with one piece of fabric that I loved and worked 

and embroidered other things I love in life

and added a few beaded embellishments.......and was happy that I actually finished a small quilt like this...........never thinking about submitting it for publishing. 
Then a few months ago..........the publisher of this magazine, Pam, emailed me about putting it into her fall issue and I am so delighted! 
So tell me.........do any of you love to " crazy quilt" 
I would love to hear!

14 comments:

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting. I think you have done a wonderful job of stitching this crazy quilt; and it deserves to be published.

janice15 said...

How exciting my dear.. Your little quilt looks wonderful.. Happy weekend with love Janice..... ps.. I keep forgetting to ask about the table cloth.. so I'm asking now before I forget again.. lol... email me with the whats what.. please.. ty..

Sherri Farley said...

Congratulations. Your quilt is so beautiful! I've never made a crazy quilt but I have it on my bucket list. You are certainly an inspiration.

Preeti said...

Congrats on getting published!! Your quilt is beautiful:)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How unique...a beautiful work of art. I've never tried to make something like this but it would be a joy to work on, I'm sure. How great to be published, too! Hugs!

Marianne said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you, and again, I'll have to check it out more later, but I am so very pleased for you. Many more of these wonderful blessings to come..that is my wish for you. Your work is so beautiful and deserves to be seen in the world.

Blessings for a creative prosperous day,

Marianne ♥

Marianne said...

Kathleen, I mentioned your last two posts on my blog. Hope others can enjoy your feats. Love you, Marianne

lil red hen said...

Your work is so beautiful; it certainly deserves to be published for others to see. Maybe this is the first of many?

Wren said...

How exciting to be published. Good for you! I have a 12"X12" cubby box filled with all the stuff to do a crazy quilt. All kinds of speciality threads, ribbons, laces, velvets, silks, beads, and trinkets i have collected over the past 20 years. I have always wanted to do crazy quilting, just never have gotten a chunk of time to work on a project much less a block. Maybe now, being inspired by your project, I can finally get around to getting one done.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yay, Yay!! I saw your piece as I glanced through my digital copy. Can't wait to get my printed copy. Wish it would come before Thursday when I go for Jury Duty. It would be a great read while waiting in the selection pool.

Yes, I have always dearly loved Crazy Quilt, but not so much the frau frau lacy selections. I love to look, but I'm more "less".

Congrats on having your work in the magazine.
xx, Carol

Debra said...

Your work is exceptional-it's a pleasure just to look at it!
I do love to embroider, so maybe some time I'll try quilting. I love how you put a dragonfly in the design! Congrats on being published!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! Your work is really awesome. I just love your quilting and embroidery. Congratulations upon being published. This is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Your quilt is so pretty. I love the embellishments that you added. I never would have thought of that. And to be published, congrats!!!!

A Colorful World said...

I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful acknowledgement of your skills and artistry! It's an absolutely beautiful quilt!